Emergency Contact Number: 07802 419545
The organisers can be contacted during the event on the above number.
Please, make the organisers aware of any travel delays that may cause your late arrival, especially ahead of Saturday round 1 and Sunday round 4.
Times of play
Saturday: Round 1 10:00am, Round 2 2:30pm, Round 3 6:30pm.
Sunday: Round 4 10.00am, Round 5 2:30pm.
- A ½ point bye may be requested in advance, except in round 5.
- If your opponent has not arrived within 30 minutes of the start of a round they will be defaulted and you should report to the Controller’s desk for repairing.
- Players wishing to withdraw or request a ½ point bye should advise the Control Desk as soon as possible ahead of pairing the next round.
Rate of Play
All moves in 90 minutes, plus 10 seconds per move from first move.
In the event of a dispute regarding the rules during play, a player should stop the clock and summon an arbiter.
The Arbiter's decision in all matters is final.
Payment of Prizes
There will be no formal Prizegiving. A list of all Prize Winners will be available on the Congress website shortly after the event.
Prizes will be sent within 7 days by:
- cheque posted to a player's home address, or
- PayPal, although a PayPal transaction fee (2.9% + £0.30) will be deducted from any payment.
Except in the OPEN, no ungraded player may win more than a maximum of £60. However, to be eligible for this prize money they must have provided written evidence of their playing strength, before Sunday 16th April 2023.
Refunds will not be granted for non-appearance.
Smoking, including vaping, is not permitted anywhere in the school or its grounds.
Protection of Personal Information
All results will be submitted to the ECF for grading and it is a condition of entry that players agree to their grading information being published on the St Albans Congress and ECF websites.
The organisers reserve the right to refuse entries, transfer entries, and to revise prize money, according to circumstances.